Installing kitchen cabinets in NJ?
Call us any time at All 1 Kitchen for a FREE cost estimate!
When you’re replacing old cabinetry or updating your kitchen, you can run into a major budget problem. A typical set of new kitchen cabinets takes up, on average, a third of a homeowner’s entire remodeling budget. When refurbishing your old cabinets isn’t an option, kitchen cabinet installation can be a major expense. Fortunately, there are budget-friendly kitchen cabinets available in a variety of materials and styles. Although your selection will be more limited than with semi-custom or custom cabinets, you can still find quality cabinets that mesh with your kitchen design preferences.
Although it’s possible to install cabinets yourself as a cost-saving measure, we don’t recommend it if you’re not an experienced DIYer. Professional cabinet installation guarantees quality workmanship, prevents damage to the cabinets, and helps prevent problems from arising in the future. If you’re looking for an experienced local contractor for kitchen cabinet installation in New Jersey or NYC, you can call us any time at All 1 Kitchen for a FREE cost estimate, at 201-731-5146.
Installing Kitchen Cabinets on a Budget
If you’re working with a limited budget, custom kitchen cabinets are probably out of the question. While custom and semi-custom cabinetry offers a wide range of door and frame styles, woods and varnishes, and sizing options, they tend to be relatively costly. If you’re looking for affordable kitchen cabinets on a tight budget, your options will probably be limited to RTA (ready to assemble) cabinets or pre-assembled stock cabinets.
RTA Kitchen Cabinet Installation: Value on a Budget
Ready-to-assemble kitchen cabinets are a popular choice for New Jersey homeowners looking for an economical option. Because RTA cabinetry is designed and marketed for budget-conscious homeowners, you won’t necessarily get the same versatility and range of design options you’d get with semi-custom or custom cabinetry. However, many RTA cabinets are still sturdy, well-constructed, and aesthetically appealing. When installed correctly, you can get plenty of use and minimal problems from even the most bare-bones set of RTA kitchen cabinets.
Here’s how typical RTA cabinets are put together, and what you can expect in terms of materials and construction:
- Cabinet box. The cabinet boxes are generally made from plywood, with a rougher and less finished interior coating than you might find in high-end cabinets.
- Assembly. RTA cabinets are mass-produced in factories, and they’re designed and built with ease of assembly in mind. This can make hiring a contractor for RTA kitchen cabinet installation less costly than for bespoke custom cabinets.
- Finishes. RTA cabinets usually come in a very limited range of finishes and door styles, often with 5-10 options to choose from. Some styles may only be available in certain finishes.
- Door styles. You can choose from several door styles for most RTA cabinets. Features like glass doors or wainscot panels are seldom available.
- Wood. Birch is a common choice in budget-friendly kitchen cabinets, since it tends to be inexpensive compared to other woods like oak or cherry. RTA cabinets that are manufactured domestically tend to use higher quality woods than those manufactured in China.
Kitchen Cabinet Repair & Refacing
Even low-end RTA kitchen cabinet installation can eat up a significant portion of your budget. If you’re worried about the expense of installing kitchen cabinets as part of remodeling or renovation, you may also want to consider refacing your existing cabinets. If your problem with the existing cabinetry is primarily aesthetic, changing the paint or varnish can make a big design difference. Changing your cabinets from white to a bright, bold color, or from light wood to a dark stain, can make a huge impact for kitchen design.
Although serious water damage or extensive age-related wear and tear can’t always be fixed, local contractors can often provide kitchen cabinet repair services to fix defects in your existing cabinets. Many problems with your doors, drawers, and other components can be fixed by an experienced professional, at a fraction of the cost of installing new kitchen cabinets.
Great Prices on Local Kitchen Cabinet Installation in NJ
Need kitchen cabinet installation for affordable new cabinets in New Jersey or NYC? At All 1 Kitchen, we’re always available to talk to you about your options for quality professional cabinet installation. Call today for a FREE cost estimate, at 201-731-5146.