Looking for top local contractors for custom kitchen cabinet installation in NJ or NY?
Call Us Today at All 1 Kitchen for a FREE Cost Estimate: 201-731-5146
When you’re installing kitchen cabinets in New Jersey or New York, custom cabinetry can greatly expand your options for cabinets that are perfectly suited to your particular kitchen. Custom cabinetry is constructed especially for your requests and specifications, and provides greater flexibility in sizing and design than ready-make cabinets.
At All 1 Kitchen, our team of experienced local contractors provide custom kitchen cabinet installation in NJ and NY. You can call us any time for a free consultation and cost estimate for brand new custom cabinets, at 201-731-5146.
Custom Kitchen Cabinets Explained
When you’re installing kitchen cabinets in NJ, you can choose from several varieties that differ in their degree of customization:
- Ready-to-assemble (RTA) cabinets are ready-made, and often designed for manageable DIY installation. Aimed at homeowners on a budget, RTA cabinets are relatively inexpensive, but come in a limited selection of sizes and styles.
- Stock cabinets are ready-made and mass-produced. They provide an economical option that’s higher-end than RTA cabinets, but less pricey than semi-custom or custom cabinetry. They come in a wider range of materials than RTA cabinets, ranging from budget-friendly particleboard to solid wood.
- Semi-custom cabinets are a step up in terms of both quality construction and selection. Although they come in standard sizes, the depth can be increased or decreased.
- Custom kitchen cabinets provide a wide range of options for sizes, styles, and materials. They’re handcrafted by local carpenters and cabinetmakers, providing a high quality of artisan construction.
Benefits of Custom Kitchen Cabinet Installation
Why opt for custom kitchen cabinet installation in NJ? Here are some very good reasons why custom cabinetry is worth the investment.
Limitless Options for Kitchen Design
With RTA, stock, or semi-custom cabinets, your options are limited to what’s available and ready-made. With custom cabinet installation in NJ, your options are limited by little more than your imagination and your budget. In any modern kitchen, the cabinets are one of the key focal points. They’re a crucial design element that can have a pronounced effect on the overall aesthetic of the space. Unlike stock cabinets from a big box store, custom cabinetry is tailor-made especially for you. This makes custom kitchen cabinet installation in NJ an appealing option for homeowners with a keen eye for style and design.
Custom Cabinets are Built to Last
Typical stock cabinets are mass-produced in a factory somewhere. Custom cabinets are handcrafted by local carpenters instead, and the quality difference is palpable. Custom cabinets use higher quality materials than mass-produced options.
- Instead of cheap particleboard, higher-quality plywood is more commonly used.
- Stock cabinets are glued, nailed, or screwed, while custom cabinets are carefully put together using dovetail, dowel, or mortise-and-tendon construction.
- Plastic corners on stock cabinets are stapled, while custom cabinets use wood glue blocks for the corner braces.
- Stock cabinet drawers use side slide brackets, while custom cabinet doors use a higher-quality hidden undermount.
Locally Sourced Wood
If you’re concerned about sustainable construction and design, custom cabinets are a good choice because the materials can be sourced as locally as possible. Using local or domestic hardwoods is often more environmentally friendly.
When you commission custom kitchen cabinet installation in NJ, you don’t have to settle for standard dimensions. If you’re shorter than average, you can order shorter cabinets that keep your countertops at a comfortable level– the same goes for taller people. Custom cabinets are also a good option for kitchens with uncommon dimensions. Tall but shallow cabinets can maximize both storage space and floor space in a small apartment kitchen, and the unlimited height selection is great for kitchens with high ceilings.
Custom Kitchen Cabinets – Cost Considerations
When we consult with homeowners in New York and New Jersey about kitchen cabinet installation, it’s common for them to ask about how much custom kitchen cabinets cost. The fact of the matter is, they’re not cheap. With custom kitchen cabinets, you’re investing in a higher quality of construction, a wider range of design options, and labor costs for local artisan workmanship. The cost may be higher than the average stock cabinet, but for many style-savvy homeowners, it’s a great investment.
Call Today for Custom Kitchen Cabinet Installation NJ
Interested in unique custom cabinet installation in NJ? Call us any time at All 1 Kitchen for the area’s finest local kitchen contractors, at 201-731-5146.