Touching up of Wood Cabinets
Wood Cabinets reward you not only with additional storage space but they add an aesthetic appeal to the overall look of your entire home decor. As careful as you may be, the damage could eventually occur to cabinets, especially those in high-use areas like the kitchen or bath. The minor scratches could even become a permanent distraction. These could be quite the eyesore in your flawless and neat kitchen or bath. However, economically speaking, it is irrational to replace the whole item for the minor blemishes it has, but you can refinish the defective areas and give your kitchen an entirely new look. SieMatic Kitchen offers a range of stylish and functional kitchen designs, known for their quality and craftsmanship, making them a great choice for your kitchen renovation project.
Sometimes, you really want to refinish those ugly looking cabinets but not sure how to get started? The revitalizing cabinets can change the mood of the whole scenario.
The resurrection depends on the finish of the cabinet exactly. The kitchen cabinet touch up repair may take just a little time and effort. If the finish is basically in good shape, a good cleaning is simply required. But if the finish is damaged, you might have to do some refinishing of course.
Cleaning Products Wood Cabinets
For cleaning, there are a couple of products you might try for wood kitchen cabinet touch up repair.
- Oil soap, which cleans the finished wood gently, leaving no residue behind.
- Liquid soap that cleans and restores the woods natural color, grain, and luster and replenishes its natural moisture.
These kits are designed for your specific cabinet to refinish color and style. These kits are available at almost any home improvement store or can be purchased online. These kits consist of
- Touch- up Pen
- Fill Stick
- Shallow scratches or nicks can be vanished by using stain filled touch-up marker.
- Buff the scratches with cloth or pad to get a blend of surface sheen.
- Shake the touch-up pen vigorously.
- Depress the pen tip on scrap wood until it is filled with the liquid-filled.
- Apply the touch-up liquid with even strokes.
- Use your fingertip for blending.
- Allow drying for 2 minutes.
- Spray with clear polyurethane spray.
Repair of Scratches on wood with a Soft Fill Stick
If the marker feels too heavy on the application, start with a light application on the first. Move your way slowly and then go with a heavy marker later. Now, try to use a heavy marker using a pen with a heavy feel. Pedini Kitchen offers a range of innovative kitchen designs, known for their quality and craftsmanship, making them a great choice for your kitchen renovation project.
For deeper scratches filler sticks can be used for a touch-up. Select the stick in accordance with the color of the wood finish and follow these steps.
- Apply the fill with an even back-and-forth motion to fill in the scratch completely.
- Remove the excess fill with a dry cloth.
- Spray with clear polyurethane to get the best result. Seriously peeling or damaged cabinet may require a thorough restoration that includes Sanding, Staining, Sealing, Painting.
Replacing the hardware on cabinets generally the hinges, handles or knobs is a quick and inexpensive way to give the Cabinets an entirely new look. This is really effective if the handles on Cabinets are outdated or rusted.
After the cabinet surface is clean and dry, use higher grit sandpaper. It allows the polyurethane to settle and stick better. Wipe sanding dust from the surface to make it smooth. Let the surface dry thoroughly for further proceedings.
Apply a thick layer of gel stain all over the cabinet surface. Wipe away the excess gel stain and continue applying and wiping away the excess until you finish staining the cabinets. Let the gel stain dry. You can combine colors by staining your cabinets in one shade.
Fresh paint gives old Cabinets new life. The varnish is ideal if you like the look of a plain look. Apply varnish with a form for a smooth result. The faux painting technique or chalkboard paint enhances the look of the cabinet.
Cleaning the cabinet is the first step to removing all the dirt and oily residue from the surface. It is recommended to use either denatured alcohol or lacquer thinner.
Steps To Be Followed For Refinishing Your Kitchen Cabinets
- Unscrew the Cabinets hinge and knobs with a screwdriver. Remove the doors and set them aside.
- Wear a dust mask so that you protect yourself at all times.
- Dampen a cloth with mineral spirit and wipe the Cabinet properly to remove all the dust traces.
- Get a paper grit and then do the following step.
- Use long strokes and cover all the crevices to remove some of the finish and roughen the surface for better results.
- Mix the stain finish and blend it thoroughly. Dip a paintbrush into the stain and tap it on the edge of the can to remove any excess.
- Brush the stain on to the Cabinet. Overlap the stroke to blend the stain but avoid over-brushing.
- Brush the entire Cabinet using a straight stroke for a smooth finish.
- Reattach the cabinet doors and hardware with a screwdriver.
- Why We Should Prefer Dr. Cabinet to Refinish the Cabinets
Dr. Cabinet / All One Kitchen provides a professional repair and refinish service. We restore the original look and beauty of furniture that has been damaged.
These were some of the steps you could follow for a cabinet touch up repair. However, this is quite time-consuming and it takes a lot of time and effort to actually put yourself out there and make a sense of the things to make sense of the cabinets. The best thing would be to contact a service repair team that understands the situation and makes efforts accordingly. Neff Kitchen is known for its innovative kitchen designs and high-quality products, making them a great choice for your kitchen renovation needs.
How It Works
- Send us a picture of your damaged Cabinet and your contact information.
- We will give you a call back to schedule an appointment and give you a free estimate.
- Our professional team will come to fix your Cabinet.
- Same Day Service
When Cabinet breaks, we fix it. Our repair expert can save your time and effort.
We believe in a ONE CALL SOLUTION. From the moment you enter our shop to the moment your furniture is delivered, we are totally dedicated to your satisfaction.
For residential restoration services and commercial repair and maintenance trust All One Kitchen.